I wanted to join that contest when I realized I didn't have the touching, moving, nor hilarious experience with a book they were looking for. I have several non-dramatic, ordinary memories linked with books. In fact, books have molded me into the person that I am. They reared me when I refused to listen to my parents. I may even have spent more time with books than with people (My friend Lisbet once saw me walking around SM department store with Noli Me Tangere and my parents one weekend). And even now, with no exaggeration, my entire future depends on books.
So when my friend IE came up with his better version of the trending "books that have stayed with me/ have moved me in some way," I went all crazy completing it, almost sacrificing my problem set on Membrane Transport, a relatively easy topic that took all day to finish because I couldn't keep my mind in it. Hence, for the third time, I copy:
1. List the 10 books you can be satisfied with if you can only have 10 books in your library. Book series can count as one because I'm compassionate like that. (This is the original)
2. List your 10 favorite fictional STORIES. It could be a novel, short story, movie, tv series, manga, the storyline of a videogame, or whatever.
3. List:
(i) 5 fictional characters whose life/adventures/profession you covet. They're the characters you relate to the most, and/or you subconsciously (or very intentionally) imbibe their personality/quirks.
(ii) 10 characters you just love because they're awesome, cool, or cute.
4. Make a 10-item reading list for friends to get to know you more, understand your beliefs/tastes, appreciate your personality/quirks.
I think this version is quite an awesome tool for personality analysis. So in the interest of life-long self-improvement, I've decided to regularly re-answer it maybe every three years or so. Indeed, I've discovered new things about myself, my preferences, and how different my answers would've been had I answered this three years (or more) earlier. Also, making your friends answer it is a fun means of, as a funny girl puts it, being informed when judging your friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment